Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Nathan Postpones his U.K. Trip

Hey Everyone,

I need to make a statement and FAST!!!

Jared and I sat down last Saturday to go over the Innocent Ones Tour show and finalize everything. I even recorded a new song in his studio that I am contemplating on adding to my album. After much deliberation, we came to a joint decision that it would be best for me at the present time to stay here in the states and continue working on my album. I just spoke to my Producer, Gary Baker, who is still working on the 7 songs that I just recorded 2 weeks ago. He is going to be sending them to the mixer who mixes The Red Hot Chili Pepper and all of Z.Z. Tops albums. These tracks are gonna sound HOT!!! He was very impressed with the sound that I was able to produce in the studio and is even pouring some of his own money into the project. He said, that he could pitch me to anyone in Nashville as the new Ronnie Dunn. That was a HUGE compliment!!! He is going to see if he can't help me get a record deal here soon.

Because of all that is going on on that end of things, Jared and I have both decided that it would be most productive for me to stay here and finish working on my album and postpone my U.K. return to hopefully sometime next Summer. I lost a lot of sleep over this and I hope that you understand. I want to make sure that when I come over there, that I knock your socks off!!! I know that you are going to like the new sound of Nathan Osmond. I had Big & Rich's guitarist do all the leads. I had Jim Brown (writer of "It's 5 O'clock Somewhere) do all the keys, strings and B3 Organs. Walt Aldridge (writer of "I Loved Her First") do all the acoustic guitars, mandolins and banjos. and many other great musicians on it. Gary Baker (my producer) has written such hits as "I Swear", "I'm Already There", "Once Upon A Lifetime" and many more. He is a grammy award-winnning writer and a dear friend. (see garybakermusic.com). I'm very confident that this album is going to turn some heads in Nashville.

Thanks to all of you who have been so kind to me. I haven't even cancelled my ticket yet. That's how recent this decision was made. I had everything planned, but Jared assured me that staying would be the best thing for me right now. Thanks to Tom Roach for all the hard work he has done to pull the tour together. He is very understanding and is helping to further my career in more ways than one. I send my love to BlackHeart. I love your album. I've been listening to it in my car. Thanks to everyone else that has worked hard on this tour. Jared and I do plan on returning together in the near future. He is laying some groundwork over there to make this possible. Thanks to all of you who bought tickets to come see the show. I'm sorry to let you down. I know that you are going to love seeing Jared. I am so proud of him and all that he is doing. He has an amazing voice and is using his talents for good! You are going to love the show and I will for sure be there in spirit! Thank you for being understanding and for always supporting the Osmond family. I hope that I haven't offended anybody by making this decision. Trust me, I can't wait to get over to the U.K.!!!! I love it there and I promise to return soon. My brothers and I had 3 songs in the top 40 there and this time around, I'd like to see if I can do that again.

Most of all, thanks to all the fans for all your love and support. I will be keeping you updated on the progress of the album. Take care and God bless.

All the best,

Nathan Osmond

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God bless you with all you do, Nathan!

Hugs,
Dee- Sunrise, FL