Monday, July 28, 2008

Playlist Details from Osmond/Tabernacle Choir/Orchestra Concert

Conductor: Mack Wilberg/Jerry Williams
Organist: Richard Elliott
Special Guests: The Osmond Family


Program will include: “Fanfare Alleluia/Praise to the Lord, the Almighty”*
Composer: “Stralsund Gesangbuch,” 1665
Lyrics: Joachim Neander; translated by Catherine
Arrangement: Mack Wilberg
“He Shall Feed His Flock” **
Composer: John Ness Beck
Lyrics: Isaiah 40:11; Psalm 23:1
“Praise the Lord with Drums and Cymbals” (organ solo)
Composer: Sigfrid Karg-Elert
“How Gentle God’s Commands”
Composer: Hans Georg Nageli
Lyrics: Phillip Doddridge
Arrangement: Lowell Mason
“Are You Up There?”/”I Believe”
Guests: The Osmond Family
Composer and Lyrics: Alan, Wayne & Merrill Osmond/Ervin Drake, Irvin Graham, Jimmy Shirl and Al Stillman
Arrangement: Sam Cardon
“He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Brother”
Guests: The Osmond Family
Composer and Lyrics: Sidney Keith Russell & Robert William Scott
Arrangement: Sam Cardon
“Come, Come, Ye Saints”
Guests: The Osmond Family
Composer: English folk song
Lyrics: William Clayton
Arrangement: Mack Wilberg
*Featured on the album America’s Choir
** Featured on the album Consider the Lilies

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

This was an AMAZING concert! I only wish I could have been in the Conference Center to hear it live. What a blessing it was aired on TV so I could enjoy it anyway.

I loved Donny's performance of "Whenever You're in Trouble". I didn't know the story behind the song and the video footage accompanying the song just added to the beauty. Especially the painting of the Savior at the end of the song. Very touching.

I was touched by "Are You Up There?/I Believe". In all my years of listening to the Osmonds I can't believe I've missed this one. Or maybe I don't remember it. I did see the Osmond Brothers a VERY long time ago in concert at the Calgary Stampede. Beautiful song with an absolutely wonderful message.

I can't think of a better way to end a world tour of such a wonderful celebration. I began listening to the Osmonds while living in Calgary as a teenager. I loved being able to listen to music that I didn't have to worry about and, even better, the artists led clean lives instead of wallowing in drugs and immorality.

Congratulations on your 50 years in entertainment. You have blessed countless lives by your music and your example.