Friday, April 04, 2008

Message from Jared Osmond


Hello, Jared Osmond here. I want to thank you for taking the time to read this.

Years ago I came across the ugly reality of child abuse. It's all around us. There the great need to get involved. National Statistics are that 1 in every 3 children will be abused before they turn the age of 18.

One of the most alarming stats are that of Sexual Abuse. 1 out of 3 girls and 1 out of every 5 boys will be sexually abused. These are only the 'reported' cases.

10 kids are pulled out of their homes in Utah County every day
because of abuse. This is an epidemic. It's happening everywhere.

I found that there was a place where little kids that are abused here in Utah are taken. This place is called the "Family Support and Treatment Center." It is a humble and wonderful place that has a workload that is now so overloaded with these little clients that there is a 3 month waiting list. These children and parents receive counseling to help them heal, and to help them break the chain of the abuse cycle.

There is a crisis nursery there. Children who are pulled from their homes because of abuse can find refuge and protection. The staff are out in the schools every week teaching kids how to cope and how to escape child abuse. There is help! There is hope. This is a what life is all about. Taking care of the little ones that God has placed in our care.

It is my pleasure and desire to serve and help this organization and help them to bless the lives of these little kids.

On May 5th we are putting together a Gala to help them. Some of my family and I will be there to sing and perform to raise money for the this incredible foundation.

For information on the Gala go to: http://innocentones.org

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY, THIS IS A SUBJECT DEAR TO ME. THIS IS HARD TO TYPE I HAVE MY 3 YR. OLD SON IN MY ARMS AND I AM CRYING.

ABUSE!!!! DOES ANYONE REALLY CARE
YOU GET THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO TALK VERY WELL AND THE COURTS JUST LISTEN TO THEM THE CHILDREN ARE BRAINED WASHED,THEY ARE BEING ABUSED ALWAYS AND THEY THINK IT IS THE WAY LIFE IS SUPPOSE TO BE. AT LEAST THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED FOR ME. MY NOW 18 YR OLD DAUGHTER WAS ADMITTEDLY ABUSED BY HER STEP MOM AND HER DAD BUT IT HAPPENED in Indania and case in michigan Indania did nothing!!!!!!! now my daughter went back to live with them in Az. The courts let her. Do you really think things changed ???GOD BLESS YOU!!!! you keep caring maybe you will be the one who makes a difference in the courts with abuse and outside the court. oh, michigan gave me custody of my daughter but i did not abuse her and i am lost why in God's green earth she went back to that life!!

Jeannettekmr said...

I am now watching Hannity on Fox and I am just learning about you. So I wanted to know what your relation was to the Osmond Family. I thought it was neat that you are the son of Alan. However, you sound like my all time favorite Osmond. Donny. I want you to know I am a victim of Domestic Violence and I have to say this. Know one should be abuse. All abuse must stop.